Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My miracle story

A lady lost her young daughter. She coped well, relying on her faith, family and friends. However, like all mothers, she took better care of everyone else than herself. She finally broke down and lost hope that God was even there for her family anymore. She called me and asked me to come over and bring my holy oils. When I arrived we sat outside in the backyard. She said she was at wits end, that she felt like God had abandoned them. She asked me for a sign that God was still with them and that her daughter was at peace. Of course, me being the wise man I gave the best of advice. Ok not at all, I said that no sign didn't mean that God was not with them and then blabbered some nonsense. I had absolutely no answer nor an idea of what to say so I listened while she spoke; i was completely at a loss and so was she. At an appropriate time I asked if she would like to pray and got up and got my oils from my car. When I returned and sat back down I let silence prevail and took a couple deep breaths to prepare for the sacrament. We both looked up at the same time and, except for a clear blue sky, saw one, huge cloud, that was distinctly in the shape of an eagle; the head and the wings. She said its an eagle, that's my sign, and then looked at me and asked if I saw it. We just sat there, staring, for minutes, a great peace descending on us. We probably didn't need to celebrate the anointing of the sick but did anyway. A burden was lifted off her shoulder. She knew now that, not only was her daughter at peace, but was taking care of her. When a mother pours out her love for her child, it is only fitting that someday the child be able to return the love, be that on earth or in heaven.

These kinds of stories happen to me every day. I need to share them more. I get to witness God's miracles through others all the time. How blessed is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. :)
Jen